The surge in electrification and decarbonization efforts is leading to a significant uptick in the demand for heat pump systems. With millions of traditional gas furnace installations across the country, this shift has created a need for a gas furnace replacement, especially one that makes it as easy as possible for you, the contractor, to replace a gas furnace and air conditioner with a heat pump system.
ADP’s new Moduleflex eFurnace™ is a gas furnace replacement modular blower powered by a 120-volt, 5-speed, high-efficiency ECM motor. With this product, there’s no need to run a new 240-volt circuit when a gas furnace is being replaced. And the high-efficiency motor can help the system meet rebate or tax credit efficiency levels for SEER2, EER2, and HSPF2.
The Moduleflex eFurnace™ is designed to match industry-standard furnace footprints. It has either side- or bottom-return capability, so it’s a drop-in replacement in most applications. Install it in vertical (upflow or downflow) or horizontal (left or right) configurations, right out of the box with no need for kits or conversions. At only 30 inches tall, Moduleflex eFurnace™ is shorter than most gas furnaces, giving you more room to fit a larger evaporator coil and minimizing the need for ductwork modifications during a changeout.
Other features include:
- Multiple knockouts for electrical and thermostat wiring to minimize any needed changes
- A screw-down terminal strip with five motor speeds for quick and easy thermostat wiring
- A front door with only four screws for total access, featuring a handle that makes door removal easy
- A fully insulated cabinet and panels to reduce sound
- A provided bottom-return block-off plate for side-return applications